Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tasting a Pinotage

I've been travelling a lot, sometimes going to a congress, sometimes on vacations.
I love travelling and I love wines! Differently, I choose the places to visit according to wine.
I've been to Siena to taste Brunello di Montalcino, I've been to Bordeaux to see Chateaux Lafite (I didn't taste it,I would work the whole life to pay), I've been to Mendoza to go Tupungato,(the most local famous vineyard) and to try a good Argentinian Malbec, I've been to Chile to taste Chilean Carmenere.
A few years ago, I decided to go to South Africa to know and see and taste Pinotage - the trademark wine of South Africa which is a crossing of two grapes - Pinot Noir and Hermitage or Cinsault).
My expectations overcame all my thoughts and I loved South Africa with its diversity, its colours, its wildlife -I could see from the penguins to the Big Five, its sunshines and sunrises at the savannah, I've never seen the sun so red, so huge, so beautiful! The giraffe with its sweetness and height and Cape Town with it friendly, welcoming and humorous folk, its awe-inspiring landscapes and scenic wonders.
And I'll never forget when I tasted Pinotage and I detected its flavours, perceived its scents, saw its colour, it was a flood in my mouth and I really fell in love with South Africa.



Cheers


Lucia
EP2
Teacher Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment