Monday, May 24, 2010

A letter to Morrissey

Congratulations, Morrissey. Today, May 22, is your birthday.
We have a lot of  things in common.We were born on May 1959 and you've been in my life.
In 1982 ,we changed our lives, you've met Johnny Mars and you two created a wonderful new band -The Smiths -, simple like your songs and I left my town and I started living here far away from my parents.Your first LP was released on February 1984 and I had found out how hard was living alone,you had to save the money for the whole month,you had to clean your house, to wash your clothes. Listenning to'' What difference does it make?''I had thought although the difficulties I've had the delights -going home what time you want, undressing besides the door,taking someone you need or want to your house, having lunch when you feel hungry.
Listening to ''Heaven know I'm miserably now', I knew I enjoyed cooking,but I liked much more drinking and I really loved the first time!!!
Listenning to ''How soon is now'' I realized that money was nothing at all, but family, friends, job, music and my pet made the difference.
When I heard ''Please, Please, Let me get what I want" I chose between a serious boyfriend and travelling to Europe by inter-rail second class Europass and I went to Europe, I'm still single ,hahaha!
Then you split and ended up The Smiths. I wanted to kill you!
I go on crying, laughing at and being thrilled whenever I've heard ''Bigmouth strikes again'' or ''Everyday is like Sunday'' or ''The man with the horn is his side''.
Thanks !!! I love you, Morrissey!!!!

Lucia








1 comment: