Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Homophones

Hi there, It's been a long time, yeah...

Well, today I am going to paste write a few of homophones and a link to an exercise from BBC (regarding the subject of course.
But first...WHAT IS A HOMOPHONE for Christ's sake?

Are words that have:

  Spelling       Pronunciation     Meaning
 DifferentSame               Different


Exemples:

1.
Hour- time  
Our-   something that belongs to us

2.
It's - contraction of "IT IS"
Its - the possessive form of "IT"

3.
Cheap - something inexpensive
Cheep - "a faint, shrill sound like that of a young bird" [dicitonary definition]

4.
Wail  (____)
Wale (____)
Whale - the animal (Free Willy)


5.
Coign (____)
Coin  (____)


6.
Idle (_____)
Idol - "American Idol"


Summarizing, there are hundreds of thousands homophones that can be here. However, I am not going to write them al, but you can help me, and if you don't I will do it later :)
Well, thanks god Blogspot save when we are writting because the lights have just went of and I lost a little bit of the text that I was writing...and AH! I was almost forgetting the exercise from BBC: clicking on "Homophones Exercises".
I will probabily correct it later, GOD I hate CEE.


Homophones Exercises



Carlos- Express Master 4







2 comments:

  1. Well-done! The "paste" thing was really creative, I have to admit it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, have you paid the electricity bill??? :P Just Kidding, you know...

    ReplyDelete