Thursday, May 6, 2010

Empire of the Sun

Movie Type: War Drama




Starring: Christian Bale, John Malkovich, Miranda Richardson, Nigel Havers, Joe Pantoliano.



Based on J.G. Ballard's autobiographical novel, “Empire of the Sun” is a 1987 film directed by Steven Spielberg. The movie tells the story of a boy, Jamie Graham (Christian Bale), who lives with his rich British family in Shanghai during the period pre-World War II. With the Japanese invasion, Bale is separated from his parents and, after some obstacles, becomes a prisoner of war in a Japanese camp. Jamie falls in an unknown and difficult world, and one of the focus of the movie is to show how was the growing up in a time of war. I recommend! If you want to know more, watch it!




1 comment:

  1. This is one of my father's favourite movies... I remember watching it MANY TIMES when I was a child. It is touching and also shocking sometimes. I can't help crying whenever I watch it, true! Beautiful, Beautifyl...

    ReplyDelete