Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Final Destination - TRASH!

“Yo”!  I'm back, and, this time, not in the mood for talking about a movie that I like, no, no, forget it right now. I'll  criticise  about one of many "trashes" that have been coming up so far. This  cinematography attempt surprisingly deceived me because I had thought that this movie would have been sort of an innovation before I got to watch it.
Well I'll stop dragging the introduction and present it:
THE FINAL DESTINATION
Basically, it is the same plot than the others “Final Destination 1,2 and 3, when somebody have a realistic vision in the local scene (and try to save some) that something terrible is about to happen and than, all of the sudden, real life comes back minutes before the accident wich kills a lot of people. This humans, that the person managed to save, start being stalked by death.
This fourth movie  is about a "humongous" accident that takes place at a car race killing all the audience.Than as I said before, someone, that in this movie is Nick (the good guy), who was there  with his girlfriend Lori and friends Hunt and Janet, has a premonition that the audience will die due to this car accident, wich  burns them and makes the stadium colapse. Just before it  happens he’d managed to save some of the people who were there. It needless to say that in the aftermath, the catastropher really ends up killing the ones who stayed at the stadium and didn't leave with Nick ( poor people ) .                                                      Following the “patter” of the Final Destination’s stories, death starts to follow each one of them in the exact order that they was supposed to have died.
I can’t tell more about it because then, I would be spoiling it.
First of all, a critic that does not regard the movie itself but the brazilian producers who did not made it with the original sound. Yes, it was dubbed and made the actors sound very, I mean very fake, transforming the moving into a trash horror one.
Well, the Final Destination series should have ended on its third movie, because the plot as I said it is the same for everyone and especially on this one, it became cliche, without the tension comparing with the others. Secondly,  there were some “death scenes” very false: fake blood, fake deaths, fake reactions and many other fake things, like when Hunt died by the suction of the pool, in a REALLY stupid way. Finally, it was too short, we barely get used with the cinema chair and then it is over. You leave the movies thinking, "what a waste of money and time".
Oh! I was almost forgeting, the "innovation" thing was that the movie was in 3D, a horror movie in 3D, perheps that is why they have put Portuguese audio. Before anybody contest me about the "horror 3D type" I know that there have been a few horrors in 3D like "My Bloody Valentine" etc., etc..

This is NOT the trailer, but since I didn't like the movie, I loved this ironic version:
Right, right, here is the ORIGINAL trailer: WARNING, THE TRAILER LOOKS GOOD!
HAHAHAHAH
So, that was my contribution for the week or for the month or for...whatevar, :D if you are going to watch the movie make sure to pay very little money ;)
Cheers by
Carlos- Express Master 4

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha
    Great movie review Carlos!!! Another of the kind "premonition". Oh! God!!!! Where's creativity? Something or someone needs to save us from these trash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've already told you: I looooved your review. The pool scene seems to be the "best" of all. Congrats for the text! Perfect "tone" and sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete