Thursday, April 29, 2010

Helena Bonham Carter

Whatsup people,
After thinking hard, well... not so hard, I have decided to talk about an actress that I just love.
Her name is Helena Bonham Carter, yes, it is her, Tim Burton’s wife.
Everyone probably knows her from Alice, even though she looks very different, but I have seen her for the first time on Harry Potter’s movie, when she played Belatrix Lestrange, very well by the way. Another famous and good one was Sweet Todd with Johnny Depp directed by Tim Burton.
I confess that I don’t know much about her life because I think she is not so polemic as many others, but I will try to lear a little about it.
Helena was Born on May the 26th (1966) in London, douther of a banker, Raymond Bonham Carter and a pshychoterapist, Elena. Her fisrt work as an actress was in the movie named a Pattern of Roses in 1983, pretty old hum? Yeah, just to let you know, she is 43 now but she is turning 44 twenty days after me (which it is not an important information)...well, continuing, between this first movie and the last (released), Alice, she also was member of the cast in many other famous films like: Big Fish 2003, which was a surprise for me because I haven’t notice her when I saw this movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 2005 (remake), Terminator Salvation 2009, Planet of Apes 2001 (she was a monkey), the ones that I mentioned before and others that I haven’t seen yet. She dubbed a few ones too: Corpse Bridge (Tim Burton) and some Wallace & Gromit animations.
She married Tim Burton in a year that I couldn’t be able to find and had two children with him Billy and Nell Burton. They have a stable relashinship.
Talking about her acting, she is a peculiar actress that plays very well indeed, but what I liked about her most it is her ‘morbid’ acting and costumes that are very present on Sweeney Todd and Harry Potter, in wich you can see the sweet and hilarious side of her dark way. You will understand if you watch these movies.
Ah, Helena was nomitade for the Oscar of Best Actress in Leading Role with “The Wing of the Dove” 1997 that I confess I don’t know, but unfortunately she didn’t win. By the way, in this nomination was Kate Winslet for Titanic, nevetheless the winner was Helen Hunt for ‘As Good As It Gets’.
Finally I want to say that every movie that I have seen from her, she adds an special thing that makes you like her, I don’t know what is for you, but for me can be her  strange apeal image with her british accent, but for you can be different...=)

Well, I am terrible to write biographies since I have never written any, but that is it...

Here is a vídeo of Helena playing Mr. Lovett from Sweeny Todd (Musical):

The Worst Pies In London

Carlos- Express Master 4

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention she is in one of the best movies EVER: Fight Club. And, well, hm, she is Helena, right? She's got a hell of a name!!! :P Cheers!!!!

    ReplyDelete