Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hannibal-The Silence Of The Lambs (1991)


Hey there, I have just watched "Hannibal-The Silence Of The Lambs" and I must say that I loved it even though I thought was going to be a horror movie, differently than Hannibal Rising, wich I'd seen before this one, that seems to be more "heavy".
Well, summarising, "The Silence Of The Lambs" talks about an F.B.I investigator, Clarice, (I believe she was studying to be one...well, whatever) that is supposed to interrogate Hannibal Lecter (who was a very inteligent, famous and manipulative doctor) at a psychological hospital, to find out leads about a seria killer (Buffalo Bill) who've kidnapped a young lady. Lecter, meanwhile, starts to play with Clarice's mind but helping her somehow.
Oh! It is important to say that Hannibal it is arrested in this hispital due to his morbid canibal way of living (rsrs).
The great thing about this movie is the contradiction about Lecter's personality, because he is a brilliant doctor as I said before and at the same time a horrible human being we shall say so. That makes us, sometimes, like a little bit of Hannibal (not the killing part) because he happens to be funny and he's not worried about his condition.
For those who like movies that makes you head works, this is a great opportunity to entertain yourself since it involves a psychological analysis with the caracters, specially Lecter and Clarice, and it makes you, sometimes, doubt about your opinion regarding their feelings.

Just for you to see the level of the movie, check it out its awards on the Academy:
-Actor in Leading Hole (Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal)
-Actress in a Leading Role (Judie Fooster as Clarice)
-Best Director
-Best Picture (=Best Movie in Brazil)
and many others...


Well, here it is, the trailer of the move:





By the way, I loved the movie Shutter Island, that is somehow indirectly related with psychological stuffs.
Secondly, I am addicted to 24!

PS: May revise the mistakes later :D
Carlos- Express Master 4




3 comments:

  1. This film is a cornerstone! I'll never forget some scenes ...
    P.S. Great moving signature, hehehe

    ReplyDelete